So what is the Fine Folks Forum?!?
I will answer by asking you a few questions:
- Do you want to know how it feels to be a muslim woman wearing the hijab living in Canada?
- Or how it feels to grow up in a communist country?
- How do Christian Orthodox celebrate Christmas?
- Why does Scotland want independance from the UK?
Maybe you’re more interested in learning about life skills.
- How do you become more organized?
- How do you change your car tires manually?
- How do you juggle?
- How do you raise a dog?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of being vegetarian? Or vegan?
Maybe you want to improve your general knowledge.
- What are the basic things we should all know about chemistry? Or Biology?
- How do you recognize the main constellations in the sky?
- What were the main events of World War I and II?
- What were the accomplishments of Alexander the Great?
I’ve been wondering about all these things, and I know I’m not the only one. So in 2013, I decided to create the Fine Folks Forum! A place where I, along with anybody else interested, can learn about the world we live in.
Nowadays, a LOT of information can be easily accessed on the Internet. But isn’t it more fun to learn as a group? We are blessed to live in a city where we can find a whole array of people from different backgrounds, and I want to make the best out of it!!
Over the course of a lifetime, each and every one of us develop certain skills, depending on our environment and interests. Maybe some of you would like to share your valuable experience with people who want to try what you’ve been good at for years?
Whether you want to learn or whether you want to share your knowledge, the Fine Folks Forum is for all the fine people! It’s a place where you can learn on a variety of subjects with your friends and family, ask questions or share your experience.
We meet once a month in the fine city of Ottawa, Canada. Please have a look at our Calendar of Events for a list of the upcoming talks.